Monday, October 1, 2007

Carlos Mencia

I saw carlos mencia's stand up and for the light hearted I think it would have been offensive in terms of the way he addresses the stereotypes of other ethnicities. But I think the way he expresses his jokes which is in a very vulgar and uncaring way is unique and that yes every other comedian out there uses racial stereotypes as part of their act, but carlos does so with an attitude and an "in your face" method. Many of Carlos Mencia' s jokes always deal with real life situations, and to me it actually makes me think of such situations and the problems they involve and at the same time laughing about it. In my opinion, Carlos Mencia is very successful in getting his point across since he doesn't ever hold back on what he wants to say just because he might offend the audience, and that is something we should praise him for. Simply, he is just expressing his right of speech. At least it seems that Carlos says the things that he says not just to satisfy the viewers but to get his beliefs across. He may not appeal to everyone but I think he is the most politically correct comedian out there.

No comments: