Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Final Farewell to you ENC 1101 & 1102

Don't know how many of you will actually read this, but in case you do I just wanted to take the time to let you all know that I had a great semester with all of you. Some classes were a little more challenging than others, but I think overall I saw the progress that I wanted to see in all of you.

I told you all from the beginning that my teaching philosophy lied in the fact that if I could teach you to be critical thinkers, than I would be able to help you become critical writers. Life is not black and white, there are many shades of color and you must be able to see beyond the solid lines and analyze the blurred parts. You are not always going to find answers and there is not always going to be a right or wrong. Truth lies in being able to listen and learn and grow. I think most of you learned this, particularly my 1102 classes, with your final projects. Things aren't always what they seem, right?

To my 1101 students, good luck with 1102, I hope I was able to arm you with the tools you will need for next semester: remember: audience, genre, purpose, ethos, logos and pathos. And to those of you who will be taking 1102 with me, Get ready for a challenge!! Oh, and lots of fun!

To my 1102 students, I send you off into the bleak cold world armed with newfound knowledge, a new perspective on life, and prepared to take on any challenge. If you continue your mission that began with your project I applaud you! And even if you don't, remember that you are now equipped with knowledge that most people don't have about an issue, and you can educate and pursuade with that knowledge. Make others care as much as you do.

I'll miss you all, and keep in touch or if you ever need anything send me an email.
Hoorah to the NO SLACKER ZONE!

P.S. I only write letters of recommendations for people who deserve it!! LOL!

7 comments:

Yeli said...

truly touching letter. i can't wait until 1102. using a quote from you on my myspace. : )

_||_|/-\|\|C|-|O said...

I really liked the way you said that life wasnt just black and white, that there are many shades of colors, that is so true.
Although I know that I wasnt the best of the bests, I think I really learned a lot in your class, you thaught me to see from a different perspective things that before I just saw them as plain things.
I wish you a happy holydays. Thanks for everything. =)

Jose Baro said...

Thank you for everything tasha.... Your style of teaching is incredible.... you really inspired me to give you 110% because you didnt give busy work, you actually cared about teaching concepts, and the manner in which you conveyed your ideas to us was amazing... I can truly and honestly say you are one of the best teachers I have had and Ill be visitng you from time to time.... Hvae a happy holiday....

Niko said...

Thanks Tahsa!
Despite those really scary emails the first couple days when I transfered into the class and the first couple classes when I came late and had to get the reject seat (the one right next to you... jk... it wasn't the reject seat). I loved English and never wanted to miss it. Also, a huge thank you for the A, really appreciated.
I left a great comment on RateMyProfessors.com, which I guess is like a letter of recomendation. Have an amazing holiday and enjoy the break with you hubby and son!!!!

Why do I have this? said...

sappyyyyyy
come on tasha baby you gotta show these kids you are a strong stoic character
now we'll just walk all over you in ENC 1102

jaja just messing
i hope you have a wonderful christmas vacation
see yah in late winter

Vero said...

natasha! i had so much fun in your class..it was def. the best class i took all semester. you should teach a humanities w/ writing course so we can move on with u :) thank you soo much.. i learned alot!!

Leishla said...

thanks for such a touching comment, i really enjoyed your class and i feel like i learned a lot as well, have happy holidays and a great new year, party hardy with your family and friends! thanks again for everything! ;)