Thursday, July 10, 2008

Blog #2: Inspirations of Change

I was left with such inspiration after reading Ana's comment (which I think was her first blog entry that she mistakenly placed as a comment on my blog :) ) Ana, even if it wasn't your intention for everyone to read your prompt, those who did read it (as I know many of my younger freshman did as they made comments to me in class about it), were left inspired, as I was.

And so I want to continue with this idea of change. Change is a difficult task, it is a scary one, it means letting go of your comfort zone and all you know and hoping that change will be better. Change = Revolution to many. Change never begins with bad intentions, it always starts for the better, but what may seem like a bad change to some, is in fact a good change to others. It's all about perspective.

For instance, we look at the situation in Cuba. It began with the idea to change, the idea of revolution, it's intentions were initially good ones, and there are definitely people that still believe that it was a good change, it was for the best considering the state of the country prior to Fidel. It's all about perspective, where you stand in life, in status, in class, etc., etc. No one wants to go from more to less, or high to low. Sometimes, though we may not have a choice, right.

I for one, have had to make many changes in the course of my life. By the time I graduated high school I had gone to 4 different elementary/middle schools and 3 different high schools. Adaptability is definitely a trait you learn along the way. In my life I have lived in 4 different states and lived in 15 different homes/apartments. Every single one of those changes was difficult, without a doubt, and along with those changes came sacrifices of certain things, but because of these changes, I have learned so much about the world around me, the diversity of different places, the looks of different people, the voices and slang of different tones and languages. They are changes that have become a part of my identity and one more piece of me.

No comments: